Normally a high efficiency condensing boiler will normally only require a standard service once a year, to ensure it is operating safely and efficiently. Modern boilers are designed to work at maximum efficiency, whilst being as fuel efficient as possible. A Standard Service involves minimum intrusion to working parts, and providing your boiler is performing in accordance with the manufacturers specifications, it is normally completed within 30 minutes to one hour.
A Standard Service consists of.
1. Test the appliance for gas leaks.
2. Check that there is adequate ventilation for the appliance.
3. Check the suitability and condition of the appliance flue.
4. Strip/inspect the appliance and check internally for corrosion, leaks, wear & tear.
5. Check the working gas rate/working pressure against the manufacturers data.
6. Check the correct operation/condition of all safety devices.
7. Test for the safe evacuation of products of combustion.
8. Carry out a flue gas analysis test and confirm the result is in accordance with the manufacturers specifications, (as appropriate)
9. Confirm the appliance is in a safe condition to use.
10. Issue a work report stating any faults found/recommendations.
A service will not repair your faulty appliance. If your appliance or central heating boiler is not working correctly, it has to be repaired prior to being serviced.
We do not charge for sundries used during a service, eg, smoke pellets, smoke matches, fire sealing plate tape etc.
Combined Fire & Back Boiler Units are in truth two appliances, which take more time to service than a stand alone boiler. This is why we charge more than our normal service charge. They were more common years ago, and many Engineers may have never came across them.
We don't work on flueless or panoramic style gas fires.
We are sometimes asked to disconnect an unwanted gas appliance. For example, a customer wants to change over from a gas hob to an electric hob. We will disconnect and cap off the gas supply to the appliance and carry out a gas tightness test. We cannot remove the old appliance for disposal.
FERNOX TF1 FILTERS.
With the exception of Fernox TF1 filters, we will clean out system filters, during a standard boiler service. We have had previous experience working on Fernox TF1 filters which has resulted in this policy. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
We cover most of Glasgow,(sorry not the city centre) East Kilbride, Bellshill. Cambuslang, Barrhead, Neilston, Paisley etc.
Outside of opening hours, we have a 24 hour answering service were a message can be left. We will get back to you as quickly as we can.
Our rates don't change on bank or public holidays.